- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data and how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Personal data collection and use when visiting our website
Personally identifiable information (“Personal data”) is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as e.g. name, address, IP-address, email and the like.
The data controller is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. The responsible data controller of any personal data collected via this website is according to Art.4, paragraph 7 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
AGE Platform Europe
Avenue de Tervueren/Tervurenlaan 168, box 2
1150 Brussels, Belgium
The website contains information that enables a quick electronic contact to our organisation, as well as direct communication with us, which also includes a general address of the so-called electronic mail (e-mail address).
If you use our website’s contact form to get in contact with us, personal data are processed for the purposes of responding to your request submitted through the website’s contact form. The following personal data will be collected:
- e-mail address
If you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the personal data transmitted by you on a voluntary basis is automatically stored for the purpose of informing you about the European Silver Economy Awards Scheme, for contacting you or for responding to you, regarding the reason you contacted us.
There is no transfer of this personal data to third parties unless authorized by you and for purposes directly linked to the mission of the Silver Economy Awards, such as evaluations of submitted applications in response to Calls for applications by jury members.
As this website was set-up within the framework of an EU-funded project (under H2020 programme) personal data retrieved via the contact form will be stored for 5 years and shared with the European Commission in case of an audit. After the expiration of that period, the corresponding personally identifiable data will be routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfilment of the contract.
Access to and control over your personal data
- Right of information: You have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from us as the data controller the information as to whether or not personal data concerning your person are being processed. If you wish to avail yourself of this right of confirmation, you may, at any time, contact us under the email address indicated above.
- Right of access: You have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from us as the data controller free information about your personal data stored at any time and a copy of this information.
- Right to rectification: You have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from us as the data controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning your person. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure: You have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from us as data controller the erasure of personal data concerning your person without undue delay, and we have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay.
- Right of restriction of processing: You have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from us as the data controller restriction of processing if a) the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, b) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and requests instead the restriction of their use instead, c) we do no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing.
- Right to data portability: You have the right granted by the European legislator, to receive the personal data concerning your person, which was provided to us as data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from us.
- Right to object: You have the right granted by the European legislator to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time, to processing of personal data concerning your person.
- Right to complain: You also have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data through our website by contacting a data protection supervisory authority. A list of data protection authorities with contact details is available at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Security procedures in place- SSL encryption
Our website uses so-called SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as requests you send us. You can recognize an SSL-encrypted connection by changing the address line of the browser from "http://" to "https://" and a lock symbol is displayed in your browser line. No warning should be displayed. If the SSL encryption is activated correctly, the data that you send us cannot be read by third parties.
Existence of automated decision-making
As a responsible organisation, we as data controller do not use automatic decision-making or profiling.
Data protection provisions about the application and use of Google Analytics (with anonymization function)
On this website we have integrated the component of Google Analytics (with the anonymizer function). Google Analytics is a web analytics service. Web analytics is the collection, gathering, and analysis of data about the behaviour of visitors to websites. A web analysis service collects, inter alia, data about the website from which a person has come, which sub-pages were visited, or how often and for what duration a sub-page was viewed. Web analytics are mainly used for the optimization of a website and in order to carry out a cost-benefit analysis of Internet advertising.
The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, United States.
For the web analytics through Google Analytics we use the application "_gat. _anonymizeIp". By means of this application the IP address of your Internet connection is abridged by Google and anonymised when accessing our websites from a Member State of the European Union or another Contracting State to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The purpose of the Google Analytics component is to analyze the traffic on our website. Google uses the collected data and information, inter alia, to evaluate the use of our website and to provide online reports which show the activities on our website, and to provide other services concerning the use of our website for us.
Google Analytics places a cookie on your information technology system. The definition of cookies is explained below. With the setting of the cookie, Google is enabled to analyze the use of our website. With each call-up to one of the individual pages of this website, which is operated by us and into which a Google Analytics component was integrated, the Internet browser on your information technology system will automatically submit data through the Google Analytics component for the purpose of online advertising and the settlement of commissions to Google. During the course of this technical procedure, the enterprise Google gains knowledge of personal information, such as your IP address, which serves Google, inter alia, to understand the origin of visitors and clicks, and subsequently create commission settlements.
The cookie is used to store personal information, such as the access time, the location from which the access was made, and the frequency of visits of our website by you. With each visit to our website, such personal data, including the IP address of the Internet access used by you, will be transmitted to Google in the United States of America. These personal data are stored by Google in the United States of America. Google may pass these personal data collected through the technical procedure to third parties.
You may, as stated above, prevent the setting of cookies through our website at any time by means of a corresponding adjustment of the web browser used and thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Such an adjustment to the Internet browser used would also prevent Google Analytics from setting a cookie on your information technology system. In addition, cookies already in use by Google Analytics may be deleted at any time via a web browser or other software programs.
Further information and the applicable data protection provisions of Google may be retrieved under https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy and under http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html. Google Analytics is further explained under the following Link https://www.google.com/analytics/.