EU Digital Day
Digital Day, the digital part of the official celebrations marking the 60th anniversary of the Treaties of Rome, took place in Rome, on 23 March 2017. The event is organised by the European Commission and the Republic of Italy, in collaboration with the Maltese Presidency of the European Union looked at key topics that impact the near and long term future of EU citizens.
It aimed at boosting cooperation between EU Member States to better prepare our society and industry to reap the full benefits of the digital transformation. It was articulated around the five following topics:
- Ministerial declaration to establish Europe as a global player in high-performance computing (HPC)
- Cooperation on connected and automated mobility
- European platform on digitising industry to connect national initiatives
- Digital opportunities initiative in relation to digital skills
- Updated framework for digital public services to ensure that all Member States' administrations can follow agreed similar approach when they make their public services available online and deal with security and data protection rules.
For more information, read the press release of the European Commission here.